July 19, 2012

Around the yard...

Photos from around our yard.  Summertime is wonderful...fresh blueberries, raspberries and strawberries for the picking, bouquets of sweet peas, fresh veggies for salads. Sorry it's been so long since I posted, I've been spending so much time outside.  Hope you are having a wonderful summer : )

Flowering hydranga.  Love how these flowers start out one color, and turn to green and pink shades.

Honeysuckle just outside our garden shed. Smells so delicious!  Yum.

I noticed all these bees in my neighbor's tree the other day.  They are honey bees...tons of them.  Amazing!  My neighbor thought maybe the queen bee left the hive and the honey bees followed her to this branch.  They love their queen!  I've never seen anything like this!


Colorful Swiss Chard...bright lights


The best for last...sweet peas!  So fragrant...I just picked a big bouquet and brought them in.  Such a sweet fragrance.

3 comments:

kandeland said...

WOW! I can't believe all those bees!! I've never seen anything like that either- except on a nature show!
Have a lovely weekend, xo nat

Sheila said...

I love your blog posts - good to see you back. :)

I have a few sweet peas, not that many yet. Do you plant yours in the fall or spring?

Connie said...

Thanks for your comments! I plant sweet peas in the early spring, but this year I got them in a little later, and then mean birds ate a few so I had to replant them. I planted some in a planter this year for change.